Thursday, November 3, 2011

Card Week, Part 4

•••••••••••••••••
 Card Sketch #13


You can download and print this sketch by clicking on the card sketches link found under the "printable sketches" tab on the right sidebar.


"Thank You" card by Allison Davis
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned paper: American Crafts; Chipboard flowers: American Crafts; Alphabet stickers: Doodlebug; Corner rounder: Fiskars

Variation #1 - I flipped the overall design of the sketch (the background and the strips) but kept the embellishments and message in the same place as suggested on the sketch.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Falling For You" card by Christina Hoffman
Supplies - Cardstock: Bazzill; Patterned Paper, Alphabets, Tree, Hearts, Arrow and Journaling Tag: Nikki Sivils, Scrapbooker; Embroidery Thread: DMC

Variation #1: I flipped the sketch.

Variation #2: I added a curvy strip underneath the journaling block.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Love You" card by Katrina Hunt
Supplies - Patterned Paper: Pink Paislee/Collage Press (Vintage Vogue Collection); Die Cut Embellishments: Pink Paislee/Collage Press (Vintage Vogue Collection); Stamps: Unity Stamp Co. (Moments in Bloom Kit); Adhesives: Scotch ATG, Fabri Tac and Scrapbook Adhesives; Foam Letters: American Crafts (Thickers); Twine: Stampin’ Up Twine; Wooden Spool Tops: Pink Paislee/Collage Press

Variation 1 - Made layers instead of the strips

Variation 2 - Added the twine/spool top embellishment over to the side.

  • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • • •


"Wish" by Amy Roller
Supplies - Cardstock: Stampin up!; Patterned paper: Stampin UP!; Ink: Colorbox; Marker: Stampin up!; Stamps: Stampin up!; Chipboard: Fancy Pants; Rhinestones: Close To My Heart

For this project, I had a chipboard frame I wanted to use so there are several variations on this one.

Variation#1: Instead of making a card, I adapted the sketch to use a chipboard frame I had that says, "wish". I covered it with pattern paper, front and back.

Variation #2: Because of the opening in the frame, I used that area as the rectangle part of the sketch. I hand cut some flowers from the papers and popped them up in the corner of the opening and then added some rhinestones as well.


Variation #3: I used a small hand cut shape in the bottom left corner of the frame opening to place a stamped sentiment, second to the "wish" on the bottom.


Variation #4: I moved the banner strips from along the right vertical side of the sketch to the top left corner on the inside of the frame. I didn't want to omit them, but didn't have anything solid to adhere them to when I changed from the card sketch to the frame.

The last thing I added was a piece of cardstock to the back of the frame to form the stand.

 •••••••••••••••••

1 comment:

dawn said...

Super sketch changes ladies. These really ROCK!! I thought it was great the way it was but your changes make it just as great.